Gailor Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility located in Louisville, Kentucky. Our professional and family-oriented team seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care, and dental care for our highly valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
In this exciting opportunity, the Veterinarian will:
Work alongside our established doctors at our veterinary hospital and providing high quality veterinary care. The Veterinarian will promote all hospital services and lead the hospital team through daily patient caseload and direct medical team members in a positive and efficient manner. The Veterinarian will oversee the care of pets in the hospital and encourage collaboration and communication across hospital services.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a Veterinarian with a deep appreciation for veterinary medicine. Candidates should be licensed veterinarians in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board. The Veterinarian’s responsibilities will include:
- The dedication to provide patients with a high level of veterinary care while utilizing the latest advances in diagnostics.
- A client service mindset with desire and ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Enthusiasm about giving back to and building relationships with the local community.
- The ability to champion the practice’s objectives and values and inspire others.
- Follow the established policies and procedures that govern the normal operation of the hospital.
- Dedication efficiently handling caseloads and maintaining accurate records using SOAP templates for treatment plans and recommendations.
- Promote a collaborative working environment and encourage the value of teamwork.
- Prioritize traumatic injuries and serious illnesses to ensure that all animals receive time-sensitive care
- Educate clients on the importance of vaccinations, heartworm treatments, flea and tick treatments and other aspects of preventive care
We are looking for a Veterinarian team member that is competent in surgery (minimal experience is fine if you have a desire to learn more), a drive to continue learning in order to best serve our patients, and an overall positive, team oriented attitude.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree required
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing
- Dedication to long-term employment with our clinic
- Flexible work schedule
- DEA registration
We offer a highly competitive package for Veterinarians including an excellent base income, bonuses, continuing education, and retirement savings. We are dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Incentive-Based Compensation Packages
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health Insurance
- Also available: Dental, Vision
- Professional Liability
- Memberships: VINS and PLUMBS subscriptions
- PTO accrual
- CE Expense Reimbursement
- Licensing Fees & Professional Membership Dues
- Uniform Allowance
- Personal Pet Discounts