Animal Emergency and Critical Care is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic emergency veterinarian to join our expanding team!
Animal Emergency & Critical Care of Lynchburg is Central Virginia’s only after-hours, nights, weekends and holidays veterinary hospital.
We recognize the importance of technology in providing quality care for our patients, and offer the latest diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities including:
- On-site laboratory, digital X-ray, ventilator, endoscopy, cardiovascular ultrasound, and electrosurgical equipment.
- DVM degree or equivalent
- License to practice veterinary medicine within applicable state(s)
- Willingness to perform routine emergency procedures and surgeries
- Diverse academic knowledge of veterinary medicine
- Ability to translate medical knowledge and to train support staff
- Proficient computer and software skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and other practice management systems and software
- Must show a commitment to professional development and continual improvement
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and to manage stress gracefully
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail to guide medical decisions
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the role including standing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Remarkable Culture: Our veterinarians and support staff give their all every day to help, heal, and save lives. We strive to give pet parents confidence knowing that their animal companions are receiving exceptional, around-the-clock treatment when their regular vet’s office is closed.
- Work-life Rewards - We offer a competitive wage, generous paid-time-off, medical, dental, vision, employer funded HSA, paid family leave, 401k + company match, continuing education allowance, pet care benefits, and so much more! Student Debt Freedom Award- Take the opportunity to eliminate your student debt. Any doctor or credentialed technician that has been with us for at least a year can apply for the award, Terms & Conditions apply.
- Work-Life Balance– We offer a schedule that promotes wellness & work-life balance. Nestled on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lynchburg is known as the city of seven hills and boasts outstanding cultural, educational, and recreation opportunities. Whether it’s hiking, boating, shopping or relaxing, Lynchburg offers a friendly picturesque home and a stable friendly community.