Animal Clinic of Santa Maria is a rapidly growing, multi-doctor general practice located on the beautiful California Central Coast in Santa Barbara County, close to the beaches in Santa Barbara, Pismo, and Avila. Our year-round temperate climate amid one of California’s premium wine country regions is excellent for hiking, biking, camping, or enjoying a leisurely drive along the country roads. We proudly serve the greater Santa Maria area and South San Luis Obispo County providing an excellent customer service experience to our loyal client base and dog and cat patients. We also welcome avian and exotic patients.
To continue providing the best medicine to our community, we are seeking a FT Associate DVM to join our team. We are proud to offer a collegial environment with a positive, friendly, and relaxed atmosphere, along with the ability to discuss cases and collaborate. Our beautiful and modern free-standing facility is also fully equipped to provide the highest level of care. We have a spacious surgical suite, digital x-ray, dental suite with a digital x-ray system, ultrasound, and in-house hematology and chemistry analyzers. Our experienced Medical Director is also excited to provide mentorship and guidance.
We are open Monday through Friday, half-day on Saturdays, and closed Sundays. No on-call required, and we refer to a local emergency hospital after-hours. Local consulting and referral services for ophthalmology, cardiology, radiology, oncology, surgery, and internal medicine are located nearby.
The ideal candidate would be committed to practicing the highest standards of patient care, passionate about client education, and ready to create professional rapport with our amazing staff. Exotics experience is not a must, but the willingness to explore is. We would welcome any other niche interests including holistic medicine! New(er) graduates are also encouraged to apply and will be considered.
- Signing bonus and relocation assistance, up to $30,000
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401 (k) eligibility with employer match
- Annual continuing education allowance
- Reimbursement of licensure/DEA fees and professional membership dues
- A flexible schedule allowing ample time off to maintain your quality of life
- Paid time off for personal use and to attend CE
- Paid New Grad & Associate DVM Development programs
- Paid sick leave & Holidays
- Bonus Compensation for regular hour emergencies
- No after-hours emergency calls
- Generous personal pet discounts