The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine is now hiring a Full Time Associate Veterinarian to join our AMAZING team!
Why work at The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine?
Are you interested in working with some of the most amazing animals and the people who love them? New York City's only exotics pet hospital is looking for someone who is excited to care for these extraordinary pets. Our veterinary assistants are utilized and included in all aspects of our patient care and are an invaluable part of our team. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment with a positive work/life balance and invest heavily in our employees long term health and happiness!
The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine is the only exclusive avian and exotic veterinary hospital in New York City. We believe these special pets deserve compassionate veterinarians who have dedicated their careers solely to exotic pet care. We have a customized facility where exotic pets will receive state-of-the-art medical and surgical care in a peaceful and calm environment free from dogs and cats.
If you are passionate about pets and providing exceptional veterinary care, we want you to join our team!
Our Home: We are located in the Upper New York west side in Manhattan. With everything NYC offers including great restaurants, theater and more, and our close proximity to Central Park, Riverside Park, and public transportation, this is a great place to live and practice veterinary medicine.
- We provide whole community care by providing resources and services for animals most vets will not, or cannot care for
- We excel because of the passion we feel for these unique animals
- Our compassion is expressed in all that we do
- We promise to never stop learning
- We serve the community, our clients, and each other with respect, professionalism, and gratitude
Who we are looking for:
- A passionate general practice veterinarian with two years of experience or internship experience.
- A compassionate veterinarian who wants to develop personally, is customer focused, and loves a fast-paced work environment.
- A veterinarian who loves learning and wants to join a practice where continuing education and learning is embedded in the hospital culture.
- A veterinarian who is loyal and plays well with pets and people.
- Someone who has outstanding communication skills and loves building relationships with clients and fellow team members.
- A dedicated clinician who takes pride in their work, values collaboration and uses their emotional intelligence skills
Our Package: We offer a competitive salary, paid parental leave, CE, 401k plus match, health benefits (vision/dental too), generous PTO allowance, pet care discounts, and empowerment training, and our outrageous Veterinary Incentive Plan, an industry-first program that gives veterinarians the ability to share in the company’s long-term growth and success.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.