Pet Emergency & Specialty Center in San Diego is looking to expand its team by adding a Board Certified Veterinary Critical Care Specialists or residency trained clinician to their progressive emergency and multi-specialty hospital.
The ideal candidate:
- Board certification or residency trained
- Values integrity, exhibits superior communication, displays excellent client service and patient care
- Strong skill set to not only practice outstanding medicine but also build and foster a strong team
A positive, friendly attitude is essential in our practice and we value colleagues who work well with others and truly enjoy interacting with clients and referring veterinarians.
The PESC team includes specialists in Critical Care, Dermatology, Exotics, Internal Medicine, Oncology, and Surgery. Our specialists are supported by our robust Emergency doctors and strong rotating internship program. Do you have a desire to teach? This is the team for you!
Our 24-hour facility located in La Mesa is home to our specialists. Our ER department is split between our two locations, with a second 24-hour location approximately 25 minutes south, both transferring cases to our specialists.
We work in a very friendly collaborative environment and enjoy a special camaraderie among doctors as well as with all our staff. We conduct regular in-hospital as well as county-wide CE meetings. Our philosophy promotes excellence in medicine and service to our clients and referring veterinarians.
The hospital is in a great location 20 minutes from San Diego beaches, 15 minutes from downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain-hiking and horseback riding, and less than 2 hours from ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby or professional/personal interest is out of reach.
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Generous Signing Bonus Available!
- Competitive compensation
- Veterinarian Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.